Monday, April 26, 2010

Sewing Portfolio

A couple of years ago, I designed and created a Sewing Portfolio (scroll down) which was exhibited at the Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador Member's Exhibit, Devon House. That particular piece was sold at the gallery opening. The piece featured here is one I made for myself.

The flap has two magnetic purse closures to keep it closed. I put a full size pocket with flap on the back for note paper/patterns.

The pockets for the inside are made from vinyl window screen bought from the local hardware store. This product sews up very nicely. In fact, I've embroidered the edges of several pockets. This piece was a bit of a challenge as I wanted to have places for a small cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, scissors, thread, glue, pin cushion, needles, note pads etc. I'm pleased with the design however, after using it, I realized that I should have put flaps on all the pockets as things do occasionally fall out of them.

Here are some free sewing project patterns that I found while surfing the web:
Here's a needle book from the Crazy Quilt Studio
Sew, Mama, Sew has a nice pincushion organizer for your sewing room
Sewing Organizer tutorial from Tipnut
Sewing machine cover from About .com
Small sewing caddy from All People Quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment