Friday, April 30, 2010

Dryer Sheets

Have you tried using dryer sheets in your art work? I washed out a full pack of the so called unscented ones and then put them in the dryer. I then stuffed them in a large glass jar until I was ready to use them. My husband has asthma so it's important to store anything that may contain a scent in air tight containers. I make small icebergs for art cards from these dryer sheets. The background is painted interfacing. The iceberg is a piece of dryer sheet that has been painted and stitched. Check out an earlier post for more information about my iceberg art cards.


If you are interested in using dryer sheets, have a look at the following sites:
How to paint dryer sheets at Creative textile & Quilting Arts

How to use dryer sheets in your textile art
Dryer sheets from Fiber arts and Quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment