Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Tea & Sale

I spent a pleasant afternoon at the Anna Templeton Center Christmas Tea & Sale. The cookie selection was marvelous but I wasn't tempted to have any. I wandered around the booths chatting to exhibitors and admiring the items for sale. As a member of  the Craft Council of NL, I know most of the exhibitors. I had a grand chat with Vicky Taylor-Hood of Sea Strands Studio. Visit Vicky's web site to see her wonderful textile creations. Vicky was sharing a space with her mother, Mary Hood. Mary designs and creates toys for children. She is well known for her Burnt Island Bears. 

If you are looking for quality hand knits of Newfoundland such as caps/hats, socks & mitts, contact Christine at christinelegrow@nl.rogers.com. Her company is called Spindrift. I was also talking to Erin of Northeastern Folk Art. She specializes in handmade Raku pottery & giftware. I have a couple of Erin's pieces and have sent some as gifts. The bronze colour is beautiful.

Steph Squires of Fire Dove Jewellery has beautiful wire & gemstone necklace and earrings. Two of my stitching buddies also make jewellery and were displaying on the second floor. They sell pendants, earrings, rings & small knitted beaded evening bags under the name Jocale. Jason Holly and Roslind Ford, also jewellery makers, shared a space on the main floor. Jason designs chain mail jewellery as well as clay pieces and Roslind creates miniature hand dyed woven thread pieces mounted on silver. Very unique pieces.

There were some very lovely stain glass ornaments from Stain Glass Reflections. Many of the pieces are one-of-a-kind. I think there will be a blog designed in the near future, featuring the glass pieces.

The last booth I visited was Riddle Fence, a journal of arts & crafts. Take a look at their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment